Paraphilia: a biomedical term used to describe sexual arousal to objects, situations, or individuals that are not part of normative stimulation and that may cause distress or serious problems for the paraphiliac.
- Certain sounds.
- Pain, particularly involving an erogenous zone.
- Asphyxiation or strangulation.
- Being in life threatening situations.
- Being robbed or held up.
- Tears or crying.
- Turning a human into a piece of furniture.
- People who have committed an outrageous or gruesome crime.
- Having sex in front of mirrors.
- The telling of dirty and obscene words or stories to a partner.
- Staging and watching a disaster, such as a fire or car accident.
- The idea of being eaten by another person or animal.
To give you an idea of Tumblr’s massive scale, some quick numbers:
- 500 million page views go through Tumblr every single day
- 40k requests added each second at Tumblr’s peak usage hours; and it’s growing, too
- 50GB of posts added each day; follower list updates are roughly another 2.7 terabytes daily
- 1M number of writes made through the dashboard each second, and 50,000 reads per second source
» It’s tough to scale, too: According to Blake Matheny, Tumblr’s Distributed Systems Engineer, the service’s broad distribution makes it different from many other social networks, adding complexity that can stress the servers greatly. “It’s not just one or two users that have millions of followers. The graph for Tumblr users has hundreds of followers,” he writes. “This is different than any other social network and is what makes Tumblr so challenging to scale.” Matheny says that people will go back hundreds of pages on the dashboard to read content. And the network will only grow in complexity over time — the site is growing by 30 percent each month, and requires hundreds of servers to do what it has to do. If you’re technically-inclined, read High Scalability’s entire article — it’s super-fascinating.
5 Bizarre Facts About Hitler
- Hitler had only one testicle. This one is interesting, considering most would say Hitler had fairly large gonads. Guess it was all just a show to make up for what he was actually missing. I had a difficult time figuring out how he only came to have 1 and it seems he may have been injured during WWI and had to have it removed. Seems they amputated his conscience along with it.
- Hitler dated, and got down with, his niece. Yes, it’s true. Geli was the daughter of Hitler’s half-sister. She was 23 at the time she committed suicide. Oh, wait. That might have been murder. But since the evidence pointed to Hitler, well, no charges were brought.
- Hitler was one kinky Fuhrer. It is highly suspected that Hitler had unusual desires in the bedroom. Specifically, being urinated and defecated on. While this may sound like a joke, it’s been cited as probable by well-regarded historians. Believe it or not!
- Hitler’s first love was a girl he thought to be Jewish. This could explain it all, couldn’t it? When Hitler was 16 years old he fell for a girl named Stefanie Isak. He was obsessed. As you can imagine, it didn’t work out. Adolph used to fantasize about throwing himself off a bridge in despair – and killing her too. How romantic.
- Hitler invented the concept of the blow-up doll. Again, not a joke. Hitler wanted his soldiers to be able to have their needs met without getting involved with foreign women. So… he ordered plastic bodied femmes be created for them. Blonde hair, white skin, large breasts and lips, and whose, uh, stuff, would “feel absolutely real”.
Get your facts right.
So I was just checking this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_common_misconceptions out. And here’s what I have summed up.
- The Black Hole does not suck, literally.
- No man-made structures can be seen from the Moon. Want to see The Great Wall of China? Simple, go to China.
- We don’t use just 10% of our brains. Could be more, could be less.
- Reading in the dark or staring at the idiot box one ruler away DO NOT cause eye-sight to deteriorate.
- Lightnings do strike the same place twice, it’s only unlikely for it to happen during the same storm.
- The Forbidden Fruit is not an apple.
- Thomas Edison did not invent the light bulb. OMFG!!!
- Henry Ford did not invent the automobile. OMFG!!!
- Guglielmo Marconi did not invent the radio. OMFG! It should have been Nikola Tesla.
I can’t believe they fed us with wrong facts and made us have them seared into our then 11 year-old brains during primary school remembering who invented what shit. And I could have known who Tesla was much earlier than I did.